Here’s a list of 6-inch Subway sandwiches, sorted by calories, last updated: March 1st, 2016
It can be hard to sort through the Subway menu when you’re concerned with saving calories. Here’s a list of Subway sandwiches, sorted by calorie count, with the lowest calorie Subway sandwich at the top. *NOTE that cheese is not included in the calorie total unless mentioned in the sandwich title (very sneaky!).
If total calories are your biggest concern, the Veggie Delite is the best choice. But remember that cheese isn’t included in that number and mustard or vinegar are the only low calorie condiment choices. If you expect your sandwich to have some meat on it, the turkey breast, turkey & ham, or ham are the best sandwich choices. Again, note that cheese and condiments are not included in Subway’s default nutrition list.
Also, since I first wrote this post, Subway added Mini Subs. Obviously the mini subs have fewer calories than the 6-inch subs. I don’t think minis are intended to be a meal for most people, while the 6-inch subs are about as small as the average adult is going to want to get for lunch, so I left the minis off the list.
|6″ Veggie Delite®||230||2.5||44||8|
|6″ Turkey Breast||280||3.5||46||18|
|6″ Turkey Breast & Ham||280||4||46||18|
|6″ Black Forest Ham||290||4.5||46||18|
|6″ Subway Club®||310||4.5||46||23|
|6″ Oven Roasted Chicken||320||5||47||23|
|6″ Roast Beef||320||5||45||24|
|6″ Cold Cut Combo||360||12||45||17|
|6″ Sweet Onion Chicken Teriyaki||370||4.5||57||25|
|6″ Steak and Cheese||380||10||48||26|
|6″ Italian B.M.T.®||410||16||46||20|
|6″ Turkey & Bacon Guacamole||440||15||50||24|
|6″ Meatball Marinara||480||18||59||21|
|6″ Turkey Italiano Melt||510||25||48||24|
|6″ Chipotle Chicken Melt with Guacamole||530||25||49||29|
|6″ Chicken & Bacon Ranch Melt (includes cheese)||610||30||48||38|
- The default sandwich calorie values include 9-Grain Wheat bread, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, green peppers, and cucumbers.
- Source: http://www.subway.com/nutrition/nutritionlist.aspx
A few more tips for saving calories at Subway:
- In general, load up on vegetables to feel more full (from fiber) while adding the least amount of calories
- Mustard (5 calories) and vinegar (0) are the lowest calorie condiment choices
- Avoid the highest calorie condiments: mayo and ranch dressing, which both have 110 calories
- Oil & vinegar is a good choice for ‘healthier’ fats, but the amount of oil they put on can vary quite a bit
- For the 6 inch bread choices, sourdough is the lowest at 190, while the Italian Herb & Cheese is the highest at 250