I started using a new fitness and nutrition tracking website this week (Daily Burn) and was quite shocked when I found I had consumed 3,200 calories one day. To be honest, I know I’ve been eating horribly lately. Trying to treat my stress with fat and sugar apparently. But I had no idea my diet had gone that far out of control. I guess that’s why it’s good to keep a food journal. It would be even better to not eat 3,000 calories in the first place, but now I know what I need to work on.
“It is unwise to be too sure of one’s own wisdom. Better to assume you are a moron and occasionally surprise yourself.” Funny Quotes by Quotes for Idiots
- The Source of Frugal Misery [from The Simple Dollar] When you spend money, spend it on things you value. Spend as little as possible on the things you don’t value.
- How to Network With Busy People – Part 11 [from Steve Pavlina dot com] Don’t begin your first contact with an apology (like ‘sorry to bother you’). Just because someone is busy doesn’t mean you’re not an equal.
- On the Proper Use of ‘Me’ and ‘I’ [from Foldedspace] It may be something simple, but this is a nice overview and good for reference in case you forget.
- Planning Fallacy [from Less Wrong] Great read if you’re a project manager or if you make plans for the future…yeah, that should be everyone. It’s an important concept to understand.
- Google Opt Out Feature Lets Users Protect Privacy by Moving to Remote Village [from The Onion] This is one of the funniest things I’ve seen for a while (it’s a video by the way). Of course it’s just a parody, but it’s not really that great a stretch to imagine this in our future.